[Ti] Speed up

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri Jul 18 02:33:31 PDT 2003

Right.  & to read a text file safely, including not breaking your
current terminal session if the "text" file turns out to be eg
binary with characters which would mess up your terminal window,
use the terminal command "less", eg here the command would be
"less /etc/rc.common".  (Do "man less" to read the man page
for less, to see how to move around in the file.)  Make a habit
of using this "less" instead of using an editor and you'll give
yourself some safety margin while you get familiar with these
unixy files. :-)

 . . .