Big Al 17" keyboard

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Sun Jul 20 13:09:34 PDT 2003

Since my 17" PB is only 7 weeks old, I am going to be calling AppleCare
in the morning but I thought I'd check and see if my problem is unique.
Running 10.2.6 with 1 Gb RAM.

My keyboard has gone flaky on me. The internal one. Now, my external
keyboard works just fine but if I disconnect the computer, i.e.use it
as a true portable, it either refuses to work at all or it doesn't
operate as it should. It gives me on-screen different characters.

It appears to have started acting strangely after I copied-and-pasted
an e-mail message from Mail to NisusWriter Express. The message had an
AOL background graphic which froze NWE repeatedly (endless beachball
syndrome).

Thereafter I noticed Safari acting strangely and even IE did also.

Now I had a DVD drive problem which Apple fixed under warranty and then
had to also change the logic board. Perhaps the logic board is faulty?

On my old G4/400 Ti, it was a relatively simple matter to lift out the
keyboard and check the contacts but Big Al is not built for easy access.

Like I said, AppleCare may have an easy answer...

TIA

Murray