[Ti] Operating without a keyboard or monitor

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Jul 24 11:01:58 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 06:21  pm, David DelMonte wrote:

> I want to have a little server - maybe an old cube - that can handle
> my internet connection and let me be mobile with my PBs.
>
> However, I dont really want another keyboard and monitor.
>
> Is there any way to operate my cube server without these? How about
> Apple's Remote Desktop?

Yep -- would work fine, from what I know about remote desktop. Never
used it but looks like a fine product.

If you are proficient in the shell, you could also just ssh into the
machine as an option also.

Let me warn you that G4 Cubes don't make great servers due to heat
issues, especially if the ambient temperature is high(ish). You are in
Greece right? My father in Turkey had to run a cube with the case off
to prevent it from overheating in the office. If you have air
conditioning you might be fine :)

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue