[Ti] [OT] DSL Speed Test

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 11:16:28 PDT 2003

My thanks as always to you Geniuses, for your thoughtful and timely responses!  You are terrific, which is why I rave to everyone about you.  In my opinion, this has to be the greatest group of people who are sincerely trying to help others through the "sometimes maze of computers" and related issues that I have ever seen.  New subscribers to the list will soon find that they have discovered a "gemstone."

With respect to www.broadbandreports.com, yes that is probably the site I used in the past, which is no longer free ("We're sorry, this test is currently off-line" -- where have we heard that before?).

I tried http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest , and was told that my speed is 1.2 megabits per second, which is labeled as "fantastic."

Then I tried http://webservices.cnet.com/Bandwidth , which says that my speed is 1006 kbps; whereas, a "faster provider" is SBC -- which is MY provider!

Perhaps Jason Tertadian said it best when wrote, "[t]he "best speedtest site" is any site that you don't have to route over other networks to reach," and he suggested that I contact the "friendly folks" at my ISP, which I have done in the past to check my speed.

Thanks again to all.

Tim Naegele

http://admin.naegelelaw.com/FSL5CS/Custom/home.asp