[Ti] Votes for a G5 PowerBook shipping date

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Thu Jul 24 14:25:46 PDT 2003

On donderdag, jul 24, 2003, at 20:52 Europe/Amsterdam, Tarik Bilgin
wrote:

> I went into a PCWorld (a bit like CompUSA) the other day and had a
> look at the Apple isle. The 3 PowerBooks were sat next to each other,
> with the odd one out 15" in the middle. The 17 incher looked massive,
> the 12 incher cute, yet the 15 inch still had the most "buy me" sex
> appeal to it. It's the size along with the Ti finish i think, even if
> the new Al's are sturdier and thinner. -- anyway I started thinking
> about the prospect of a 15 inch G5 on my desk..... ;)

I cannot agree with you more, but perhaps thats just because the 15
inch looks the same as my 15 inch, and I really like my machine

> Do any of you have a feeling for when we will see these on the market?
My personal feeling based on nothing more than my gut, says that, this
being the "year of the laptop", it will be the final accord of said
year, so it will be announced around Christmas and be delivered around
Easter :-)

> On the one hand I am itching for one, on the other I want it to come
> out later rather than sooner as I am "so gonna want one" and my bank
> manager may not agree :)
So my idea might suit you then (another ;-)
You just have a new harddisk (or is it harddrive, or winchester?) and
already you are craving for more, more, more?

> Is there a revision of the G5 in production yet that runs cool and low
> power enough to go mobile?
I read it somewhere that the 1 Ghz G5 takes 19 watts of power, thus
being less than the 1.4 Ghz G4, IIRC

Arjan

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)