[Ti] Compatibility of Base stations around the world?

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Sun Jun 22 01:30:16 PDT 2003

> Are you sure about the later?
>
> I was told the actual frequency of the transmission was different.
>
> On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 05:02  PM, <ursus at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>> The power supply for my American purchased Snow basestation is only
>>> 110
>>> V but the basestation itself just requires 12v .7A input voltage.
>>>
>>> So do these things travel well or not?
>>
>> It is aut0switching and you need only have an adapter that matches the
>> local
>> power outlets.
>>
>> Frequency never matters to the base station since it runs on DC from
>> the
>> power brick.
>>
>> So ES, it travels well.

I understood that you asked about the frequency of the power whether 50 Hz
or 60 Hz.  And this is not a problem. As far as transmission frequency, that
is invariant anywhere in the world.  Japan uses channel 9 as am emergency
vehicle frequency and if set for Japan the ABS will map out channel 9
automatically.

Just get the power brick plugged into the wall and you have it made. I
travel with my ABS frequently and it is never a problem. Generally a Euro
adapter and a UK adapter will get you thru anywhere in the world.  If not
there are cheap plug adapter kits available.. Or if you must spend a lot of
money.. Try Teledapt.