[OT] Vitual PC shared folder settings

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat Mar 1 09:29:37 PST 2003

I am running Virtual PC on my Ti-500, with 400 Mb RAM allocated to the PC.

I am unable to "keep" my shared folder settings.

I set my X partition as the X:drive, my Virtual PC partition as the
V:drive, my TJH partition as the T:drive, etc etc.

BUT everytime VPC starts, it attributes its "own" drive letters to my
shared partitions.

I cannot see on what basis it does this (not alphabetical, not in
size order.  Maybe randomly?)

This is probably only annoying, rather than really impacting my
productivity, but I just wondered if anyone else (everyone else?) has
experienced the same issue.  In other words, is it a defect in VPC?

Is there a work-round, or is there anything else that one can do to
"fix" the drive allocation, so that the saved state retains the
user-attributed drive letters?

regards,  Trevor