[Ti] OSX --to-> Windows?

Jason L. Petersen jlpgraphics at usa.net
Wed Mar 5 10:31:45 PST 2003

On 3/5/03 10:16 AM, "Brett V. Gaspers" <bgaspers at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>> On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 09:20  pm, Loren Schooley wrote:
>>
>>>  I'm looking for the OSX-to-Windows simili of Terminal Services or
>>>  Remote
>>>  Desktop.
>>>  I tried VNC, it works, but it's too funny.  Don't want to do X11,
>>>  either.
>>>

>> if you want someone to be able to see your desktop on another screen I
>> am pretty sure your only options atm are VNC or X11.
>
> How about Timbuktu? That has versions on both platforms.
>
> Brett

Timbuktu is great - but it would depend upon if you are trying to "invite"
someone in to control a machine like VNC.  I sure wish Timbuktu did this - I
have been looking everywhere for a remote access Mac client that will allow
me to "connect" to a computer that is behind a firewall like we have done
with the PC's at the clients location.  It was not apparent Timbuktu could
do this nor Apple's Remote Desktop.

-Jason