[Ti] about the Safari Beta v.64 license .....

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Mar 12 15:55:52 PST 2003

On 3/12/03 11:48 AM, "Loren Schooley" <loren at flash.net> wrote:

> If the Safari team didn't want distribution, then it wouldn't encourage it
> so through chat rooms and team member blog entries.

No one on the Safari team is doing that. You may meet people in Chat Rooms
who *say* they are with Apple, but I guarantee they are not.

> The idea of any
> successful release is to distribute as many copies, as much interest,
> stimulation, rave, hype, et al. Everyone welcome. Enjoy all. The more copies
> the better. Competition. Please use my software.

You show a fundamental lack of understanding about NDA's and what alpha and
beta software is all about.

If Apple wants to distribute as many copies as it can, it does so by making
the software available on Apple's on web site. That hasn't been done with
this version of the Safari beta.

> Safari, nor any beta software, is not a double secret nuclear development
> project, nor a double secret meeting with Dick Cheney to discuss his private
> companies contracts in New Iraq. Safari beta right now is rickety software
> with minimal tab support that crashes allot. Nor does it involve money.

So? It's Apple's property to do with as *Apple* pleases.

> Apple kept the Aluminum PB's secret very successfully. I am sure it would do
> the same with any of their products, but it's obvious they could care less
> about Safari Beta secrecy.

How is that obvious?

> Some of you guys are more worried about a copyright foul than the
> devastation of our free country which at this very moment is being
> overwhelmed by an Imperialistic regime for the benefit of an international
> select group who cares not for you or your children's personal well being.

International politics has nothing to do with this discussion.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Design Tools Monthly,
Brett Larson & Ken Stone!