[Ti] HDD space and loss of snappy feel

Joe McDaniel mcdanielfirehouse28 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 07:49:53 PST 2003

I think the reason is because when the drive is almost full, the actual
space probably isn't all in the same spot... Meaning its fragmented in
different places around your hard drive.  Even with more space available, it
still may be fragmented, but there will probably larger chucks of space that
are closer together.  The fragments basically come from creating and
deleting files, and when you do, you leave a "hole" where the computer can
write data to.  Defragmenting the hard drive and creating more space will
both help with this.  But deleting stuff is easier.

Joe Mac