Rubber Thingees and top latch

Evan Shea darkglory at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 22 12:49:05 PST 2003

Hey everyone,

    Two questions today.  Firstly, on my Ti500 the little rubber feet-type
things to the far edges left and right of the trackpad (you know, the ones
that would keep the screen from pressing too firmly against the keyboard and
such when the top is closed) have basically completely worn off.  I imagine
someone else must have had the same experience and I was wondering what, if
anything, they did about it?
    My second question, which is actually a bit more pressing, has to do
with the latch that keeps the 'book closed - it broke.  The hook in the top
is fine, it's the part where the release button is that broke.  The piece of
plastic that the hook latches onto has broken, so now when I close it, the
hook in the top has nothing to catch on and it's impossible to keep closed.
Has anyone else (stupidly) broken this?  If so, any ideas on how to fix it?
I imagine a trip to the Apple store could take care of it, but I don't want
to have to be without the laptop for too long and don't want to spend a lot
of money on such a relatively small thing.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Evan