[Ti] The FINAL word on Battery life ..(HAHAHA)

XXL xxl at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 02:52:49 PST 2003

I have 2 batteries and switch them every 2-3 weeks so they each rest 2-3
weeks at a time, and occasionally run the TiBook on battery when I move it
around 2-3 times a month.  Both batteries perform well despite being 2
years old.  When I do long flights the 2 batteries will get me through  4
average DVD's if I take a break between the movies. (Last tested  in
November.. Twice Tokyo-Frankfurt-Tokyo )  I am told that some manufacturers
like to ship batteries with a 40% charge, the idea being that this is
beneficial for battery life for the battery to be partially charged when it
is enduring shipping and shelf life.  Can't verify that.  All the old ideas
about "battery memory effect" do not apply to Li batteries.. But I still see
some manufacturers give instructions that are appropriate to old NiCad
batteries to avoid memory effect.  So to say there is lot of conflicting
information out there is an understatement.

We once had a battery manufacturer engineer contribute to one of these
lists. Perhaps he could give us the facts?

-Joel