[Ti] External keyboard advise please

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 26 20:20:15 PST 2003

on 03/03/26 18:48, Cyn at flanders1 at charter.net wrote:

> the Albook on the top of the desk and an external Apple keyboard on
> the tray. Holy Cow this keyboard is killing me!! Not only do I have
> to work harder at lifting the fingers higher, I then have to push
> further down to get the keys to respond! Also, everything seems to
> take longer as I am not use to reaching over to the mouse
> (trackball). With the laptop I didn't have to lift my hand all the
> time as the track pad was right there. Nothing like what I am use to
> with the laptop keyboard. Not only that, the clicking, clacking noise
> of the keys is terrible!

It was not easy to make a powerbook that was only 1 inch thick.  One of the
tricks Apple did to make the 1-inch Powerbook G4 possible was to invent a
new keyboard which has very thin keys and shallow displacement.  A side
benefit is that this thing is very easy to type with; I can type all day,
much faster on my Powerbook G4 than with any other keyboard I've ever had.

Fortunately, MacAlly copied Apple's thin-key design, and now makes an
external keyboard called the iceKey.  If you've been spoiled by the
Powerbook G4's keyboard, you'll like the iceKey.  Try one out.

Jerry