[Ti] [OT] Applemusic.com - is the price right?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Thu May 1 14:35:28 PDT 2003

On 5/1/03 4:46, "Trevor J. Hutley" wrote:

> My feeling - before any announcement from Apple - was that somewhere
> between ¢10 and ¢25

    I understand Apple gets about 1/4 of the total price, (meaning $.75 goes
elsewhere). This would eliminate 10 to 25 cents a piece.

    An just think, why would music companies allow there songs to be sold do
cheap. $1.20 an album? Except for the productions costs, which are minimal,
they would be making factor of 10 less per CD.

    And what would an artist make per CD? $.005 per CD on a million sales is
only $5000. Not a lot for a million seller.

    Also, several posts seem to be think of Apple only. I'm sure Apple would
be happy to have music companies donate their songs, but remember, Apple is
just the store here, (though a fancy hi-tech delivery system). Most of the
cost, (and therefore most of the influence on price, is not from Apple).

-- Roger