[Ti] The BOMB

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 13:01:37 PDT 2003

Richard Dudek paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Hi,
>most of the time, if I am remembering correct, bad memory was the
>cause to the address error.
>
>Greetings from Sweden,
>Richard

I don't think so. More likely a case of the app expecting a certain
file at a certain allocation block [or blocks] and finding something
different. Usual culprit: Bad Directory [because the directory, when
accurate will show the correct filename for each block]. DiskWarrior
needed. Regularly. Too many apps write incorrectly, at times to
'no-write parts of the directory, and also, defragmenting helps. you
don't want the Directory scattered all over... factor in a bit of
misinformation and you have slowdowns, and/or application 'hangs'.

~flipper