[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed May 7 06:21:26 PDT 2003

>I am delighted to pay the iTunes Music Store price for
>nice clean-sounding, complete tracks, and it seems that many agree with me.

I think that this is the biggest "in your face" debunk of RIAA's
position; given the opportunity, the majority of people will buy
music to download. Considering that this is not just an "Apple only"
opportunity, but an OSX-only opportunity, which is a fraction of
Apple's already tiny marketshare, then the music industry should take
notice that, given the right opportunity, most will buy music rather
than download for free.

OR.... so many people are pirating the Mac OS that their marketshare
is really 60% ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com