[Ti] 10.2.6 update - minor feedback

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Wed May 7 22:42:30 PDT 2003

On woensdag, mei 7, 2003, at 14:29 Europe/Amsterdam, Trevor J. Hutley
wrote:

> I ran the 10.2.6 OS X update this morning, restarted, ran fsck -y
> under CMD-s (single user startup), ran Cocktail, restarted. Everything
> was fine.
>
> So far, the only issue is that the OS X forgot that Safari was my
> default browser, and launched iCab when I clicked on a URL......  so I
> had to go back to Internet Preferences and reset them.

This is a strange thing to happen. Let me test my preferences...
Well, Safari still seems to be the preferred browser on my Ti-667
(infrared).

> One function that definitely seems to work much better is alt-cmd-H to
> clear the desktop.
> Very often, Safari was staying there, quite often other applications.
> But now, everytime (so far), alt-cmd-H has very quickly cleared the
> desktop.   This may simply be that memory is being managed better? It
> could also be that my Ti-500 has been re-started.  I will watch this
> carefully, to see if there is a progressive drop in performance.

I always run the XBench benchmarking utility right after an OS update
and to my surprise[1], it reported insignificantly higher marks on all
tests (cpu, memory, disk, graphics, opengl, etc), indicating slightly
better performance. But as always YMMV.

regards,
Arjan

[1] Well it would have been a surprise after installing a windows
service pack on my intel box. ;-)

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)