[Ti] iTunes Visualizer choppy

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Fri May 9 09:06:05 PDT 2003

On 5/9/03 10:31 AM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> On 5/9/03 8:23 AM, "Bill Reburn" <reburn at mts.net> wrote:
>
>> It didn't used to be? Isn't the iTunes Visualizerthe most basic visualizer
>> that has existed inside iTunes forever?
>>
>> Mt Ti550 w/G of ram has no chops whatsoever - not in any of the other 5
>> visualizers I run either. With about 10 apps running currently.
>
> Itunes visualizer is notoriously bad-- this 1ghz is the first machine I've
> had that can run them at over 20 fps

I wonder what the problem might be Sam, sorry to contradict you but right
now as I type this - the iTunes visualizer is running between 16 and 24fps.
Sure I can make it run slower - launching Photoshop and InDesign will take
care of that - but no problems hitting and maintaining 20fps for moi. Maybe
the coding in iTunes 4 has sped things up a bit?

Always used to piss me off when when I had problems and people would say
"that doesn't happen for me" - but in this case, I gotta say it  8-)

Besides, I rarely run the iTunes visualizer.. There are so many better ones
out there.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada