[Ti] FireWire Ports

XXL xxl at mac.com
Thu May 15 16:36:09 PDT 2003

> There's a fascinating discussion going on over at Macintouch about bad
> Firewire ports.

A friend had the FireWire port on his Sony Camcorder blown out for no
apparent reason. (TiBook 400 MHz)  Sony repaired the Camcorder at no charge
but returned it with a note saying that the PowerBook port was the culprit
and that Apple knew about the problem.

He then talked to Apple and Apple sent him an entirely new ( and faster :)))
PowerBook.

My TiBook 400 never had any issues at all with my Sony Camcorder, but mine
was a very late-production 400, purchased just before the 667 model was
announced.