[Ti] The new books

Joseph Fisher kzfisher at earthlink.net
Tue May 20 20:38:20 PDT 2003

I made the move to laptop from desktop a few years ago as well. Haven't
missed using a desktop 99.9% of the time.

I moved from Windows based desktops to Mac desktops then to Duo 280C DUO
2300C and in last three years from 400 MHz Lombard G3 to a 800MHz TiBook 15"
DVI

You will notice vast improvements of keyboard stability and response, screen
size and resolution (beautiful), and of course speed and RAM over your
trusty 2300C.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the 12" or 17" PowerBooks (other than to
drool on them at the local Apple Store). Personally I love the 12" Little Al
Book it reminds me of a modernized updated DUO or 2400C. (If I hadn't
shelled the $$ for my 15" just last August I'd buy one in a heartbeat - But
then again I would miss the PCMCIA aka PC Card slot for my flash memory card
from my Canon digital camera)

For me the 17" Big Al is too much real estate to manage how I work, what I
need to do in portability, my desk space etc. But I get the feeling overall
folks that have them love them.

-- Joseph Fisher