[Ti] Combo Drive Update

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat May 31 13:16:03 PDT 2003

Jerry Krinock typed this message on 5/30/03 8:04 PM:

> "This update is for...PowerBook computers with an internal slot-loading
> Combo drive...installs new firmware...prevents Combo drives from
> intermittently failing to eject discs. It's recommended that you install
> this update to ensure that your Combo drive avoids this problem. "

Here's some irony. I had no problem at all with the Combo Drive in my 667
Powerbook. But when I got my 1 ghz Titanium Powerbook with the "Super"
Drive, I have had no end of problems ejecting disks. If the drive doesn't
like the disk I put in (or likes it too much) it will not eject it. It
attempts to eject it but it bounces off the front facing back into the
drive. When this happens I sometimes have to attempt to eject the disk 20 -
30 times before it finally spits it out.

How about us, Apple?

jg