[Ti] Apps are Unexpectedly Quitting ...

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Nov 19 03:19:47 PST 2003

On 11/18/03 11:17 PM, "Dave Friesen" <davefriesen at mac.com> wrote:

> Fix Disk Permissions. And upgrade to Panther. And then Fix Disk
> Permissions again.
>
> On Nov 18, 2003, at 7:47 AM, Bryan Forbes wrote:
>
>> I have a colleague with a TiBook (around 500 mghtz) running OS X
>> 10.1.5.  (I know, I know ... he will be upgrading shortly to 10.3.1 -
>> that may help solve this problem.
>>
>> He has these applications "unexpectedly quitting" (Entourage, Internet
>> Explorer).  Is there an equivalent of a preference file in OS X,
>> similar to the prefs file in OS 9?  If not is there some
>> troubleshooting measures I can take to get these applications from
>> quitting on him.

Get rid of the "normal" template in Office Templates. It will recreate
itself.

Also look for a corrupt font. If third party fonts have been added to the
system, that could cause MS apps to crash. If no third party then replace
all the system fonts with new ones from a system install disk using Pacifist
or some other program.

These are a couple of easy steps that may cure the problem.
--
Jesse

"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible,
elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is
completely impervious to reality"  -H. Arp