[Ti] Big Al's keyboard lights aren't working

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 13:04:35 PST 2003

On Nov 22, 2003, at 10:01 AM, Paul Russell wrote:
>> Is this my personal issue or is this happening to others as well?
>>
>> There have been times recently that I couldn't get any response from
>> the keys except the prohibitionary icon (the one that you get if you
>> try to adjust the light level in a lit environment). But I can now
>> use the keys and move the on screen light level up or down but the
>> keys remain totally dark.
>>
>> Panther 10.3.1
>
> Ditto here. It seems to have sorted itself out again now though,
> possibly due to a reboot, but at the time I was panicking that perhaps
> the source of illumination (bulb ? LED ?) had burnt out or soemthing.

I would maybe try using this hint:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030526100608901
But make sure you have the preference file backed up, and make note of
what the value you changed was.  This tip has you change the kHWMin
value, but also check to see if the kHWMax value is 1 as well.  If it
were somehow set to 0, then it would make sense that the keyboard
wouldn't light up, I guess.

Hope it helps,
Benn