[Ti] airport base

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri Nov 28 15:28:04 PST 2003

On 11/28/03 3:46 PM, "Silvo Conticello" <silvoc at tiscali.it> wrote:

> a) is there any specific advantage in using the Apple airport base
> compared to non-Apple ones?

1) setup is easy, using the "AirPort Admin Utility" application
2) you have a built in modem
1 neg: cost is higher than most competitors

> b) apart from the Apple one, do you suggest any favorite 802.11
> station? (cheaper than Apple)

I use a D-Link at the office that works well

> d) I remember from old posts that the Ti500 has some issues regarding
> the range. What is the range from the station I should expect using the
> Ti with an airport card? Or it is better to go for a card with an
> external antenna?

I have no reception issues in my 2-story, 3500sq. Ft. house.  You might have
issues if you try to use it in a much bigger house than that, though.

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook