[Ti] Burner Problem

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Oct 4 12:54:30 PDT 2003

>I seem to have a problem with my CD burner. Every time I try burning music
>either from tunes or Toast I get "Disc Burning failed because an unknown
>error occurred (0x80020022)" and the cd ejects. The burner seems to work
>after I try inserting the cds several times.

I have had this happen for two reasons (not sure of the exact error code):

- Cheap blank CDs. There is a spec I am sure on Apple's knowledbase,
I think it is 12x or higher, but I have found some of the really
cheap spindle packs of cds just don't work even if they are rated at
a high burn rate. Name brands like Verbatim, etc, are still about 20
cents a disk in bulk packs and I seem to have good luck with any
brand I recognize.

- Very short tracks.  If you are trying to burn tracks that are only
a few seconds long, they will hang your burn attempt as well.  I
discovered this when trying to make a CD with some Monty Python
one-liners stuck between the songs.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com