[Ti] Missing memory

Kynan Shook kynan at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 6 05:57:35 PDT 2003

Try running Apple Hardware Test.  When your computer detects bad RAM,
it will essentially turn it off while the computer is booting.  Of
course, the computer can only detect about 5% of bad RAM to begin with;
most RAM problems are intermittent and extremely difficult to detect.
Usually, you only see them as repeated kernel panics, hard drive
directory corruption, crashes and freezes, etc.