[Ti] .mac anyone?

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Fri Oct 10 09:59:07 PDT 2003

On 10/10/03 12:41 PM, "Hayes-Holgate, Shaun" <SHayesHolg at ea.com> wrote:

> So I just got a new powerbook 15" and am being
> enticed by the .mac offering from Apple.Is this
> an outstanding deal with the web space,disk space
> and other features? Has anyone bought a membership
> and got a lot of use out of it? I could be swayed
> either way.

I bit last year and probably will this year too. Apple has a series of
freebies that make .mac somewhat attractive: things like StickyBrain, Marble
Madness, and a few other programs. A year's subscription to VersionTracker
is another.

I use my iDisk to keep copies of my lessons and my students can access it to
get homework assignments, copies of lectures, and so forth. Parents like it
because they can see what assignments I've given and when the due dates are.
Between this, the web space, and email address I find it pretty valuable.
I've priced alternatives and I can get most of the same services for a
little less but I don't think it would be worth the hassles of changing.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com