[Ti] 17" alBook vs. SACD/CD

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Sun Oct 12 20:40:59 PDT 2003

Haven't tried any SACD/CD hybrids as my current collection is SACD
only.  (Oh, and the hi-res is not (24bit/96k) it's a 1 bit DSD
process that's supposed to be much better than the old CD standard-or
at least those who though that 'perfect CD sound' was an oxymoron.)
As for DVD-Audio (along with SACD only), the RIAA is so afraid of
'perfect digital copies' they have not agreed on a digital format
(output, like the currrent S/PDIF for CDs) for DVD-Audio or SACD
(which as usual are incompatible formats) so there is no way your
internal DVD-VIDEO(ROM) drive could play the disk.  You'll need a
DVD-Audio-capable player (Denon makes the least expensive ones) to
listen to the DVD-Audio track.

erik g