iTunes for Windows

Joel Hopwood hopwood at zhian.com
Fri Oct 17 01:41:10 PDT 2003

I too cannot understand the attitude that Apple is somehow selling us out
by producing iTunes for Windows. It's a music player, for gawd's sake,
it's not going to change your life and it's not a sufficient reason to buy
a mac. It is a very good reason to buy an iPod, and hopefully releasing
iTunes for Windows will have the following effect:

- boost sales of iPods to Windows users
- give Windows users a taste of Apple's great software and hardware
integration, and therefore make users more likely to consider Apple
hardware

I don't see a downside! OK, if apple started releasing iMovie etc for
Windows then fair enough. But right now I see this as cementing the
strategy of Mac first, by getting iPods in more people's faces.

I am confident this will result in higher sales of macs.

Joel