[Ti] Weird system reset

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sun Oct 19 10:46:19 PDT 2003

>Yesterday as usual I closed the lid came back home (but didn't use it at
>night). This morning when I opened it it was shut down, restarting it took
>almost 10 min... Then when I was logged on again the date was reset to 1970.
>
>Anyone knows what happened? (and if in the process I have lost data? Can't
>check all the data it will take more than 7 days to do so...)

sounds like your battery was completely drained or lost connection.
This was a problem with early Ti Models and Apple provided some shims
to fix the problem. I would make sure your battery is seated
properly.  Unless the problem is more severe, your data should be
intact.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com