[Ti] To Clean Install or Archive first, that is the dilemma

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Oct 30 05:39:35 PST 2003

>By the way, I want to get rid of Classic. I have not run a single OS 9 app in this laptop since the day I purchased it.

While you may not use Classic apps, you will have problems not having a System Folder for Classic. Many installers still look for a System Folder and will error out if they don't find one. I just did a bunch of installs for Adobe GoLive, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc, and they all had issues with not having a System Folder.

There are many apps that also ship with Classic installers that ONLY work if you have Classic installed even though they are installing OS X apps.
--
Robert Ameeti

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.