iPhoto import/export

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Fri Oct 31 12:03:23 PST 2003

Apologies right off the bat - - I suspect there's a better place to
ask this question, but I've checked a bunch of apple/support pages,
and asked at the local Apple store, and can't find the answer to a
simple (I think) question.  If anyone can point me in the right
direction, or answer it themselves, I'd be very grateful.

I have a G4 powerbook and a G4 Tower.  I want to copy my 2,000 photos
which are in iPhoto on my powerbook into iPhoto on my Tower (once
they're safely copied, I'll probably delete a bunch on the powerbook,
because currently iPhoto runs very slowly, I guess because it's
overloaded).

I can connect both computers via ethernet.

But I can't seem to copy the albums from the powerbook to the Tower!
I've tried dragging and dropping to no avail.  I've tried 'Import',
and 'Export', to no avail.  I don't know what to try next.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?  Is there some 3rd-party
software that would make this whole thing easier?  (By the way, I
also want to update iTunes on my Tower - - I'm hoping whatever works
for iPhoto will work for iTunes!?)

Thanks, malcolm