[Ti] Mail.app - whaddyawant?

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Tue Sep 2 15:26:48 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Tarik wrote:
> Ti 400 with 640 RAM here. I have around 5 mailboxes and around one
> fifth of the messages you have, yet mail does crash and is rather
> sluggish. Interesting indeed. Perhaps it's my hardware, perhaps my
> system could use a system rebuild.

That is very interesting.  The only time I have noticed any real
sluggish operation is when the email is very large.  For instance, one
of my high school classmates sent me a message with ~70MB of digital
photos attached so I could edit them and post them to our class'
website for our 25th reunion.  It takes about 45 seconds for AppleMail
to render that message and display all the photos.  And it does that
(takes that long) every time I open that particular message.
--
Chris