OT- customizable iTunes-like visualizations?

Chris Volpe CVolpe at beaupre.com
Mon Sep 8 11:28:20 PDT 2003

Sorry this may be a bit off topic, but I've been asked to run run
iTunes-like visualizations during a DJ'd fundraiser for a non-profit
organization and I'm stumped concerning what they want me to do. They want
me to project visualizations on the wall, but they also want text elements
to be added to go along with the usual psychedelic light show (if you've
never tried projecting iTunes' visualizations on a wall or ceiling during a
party, pat yourself on the back for living a relatively clean and sober
life). I know someone on this list must have some ideas about this. So I
think I'll need to use a shareware program that will allow me to drop in
textual elements, and that won't flash Apple's logo every few minutes.
Needless to say, there's no budget for this - I'm doing it as a favor to an
organizer of the event, so if I buy any software I want to keep it under
$50. Can anyone please point me toward something - shareware or a way to
customize iTunes -  that will let me do this?

Thanks for any help.

Chris