[Ti] my Powerbook Serial Number & ID

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Sep 17 05:59:26 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 06:46  pm, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley
wrote:

> I know that there is commercial software that "transmits" something
> over the internet.
> But is there (was there) an IP address that is 'hardwired' in to a
> Powerbook?

It is possible to set up software to "transmit" a beacon like an IP
address to a server from a Powerbook in use...but they don't come with
this kind of software installed as standard....

It's probably food for thought that I should something like this set up
on my Ti!

--
Tarik