OT connecting a 3400c Powerbook to a USB printer

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley HUTLEY at geneva-link.ch
Sun Sep 21 11:31:31 PDT 2003

"OFF-TOPIC"

I have a 3400c Powerbook (purchased March 1997, and still running).
I am having to use this now, as my Ti-500 has been stolen...

I have an Epson Stylus Color 800, which I bought at the same time as the 3400c.
It was connected to the 3400c through the printer/modem port.
Unfortunately, the Epson has just "died" (after 6+ years of faithful service).

All printers now are USB.  I just bought an Epson C82, which is both
USB and parallel.

My question: HOW do I connect such a USB printer to my 3400c?

I looked at the Macally PC-card/USB adaptor, BUT this only works ith
CardBus (G3 Powerbooks and later).

I am desperately in need of printing out some documents.  (At the
moment, I have to send them as email attachments to a friend who
prints tem out in his office and I go and pick them up, but you can
imagine that this is only a very short-term work-around).

If any of have any solutions to my problem,  I would be very pleased
to hear from you !!

My ADSL modem functions as a hub of a small ethernet network, if that
could help.

Trevor