Upgrading to new Powerbook

e. wu edjusted at layerblue.net
Sun Sep 21 21:32:08 PDT 2003

Yippee! I have a new Powerbook on order. Here's my question, I have an older Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.2.6 and a nice fast & roomy hd I want to *keep*. Can anyone advise on what the best method would be to upgrade when I get the new Powerbook?

Since the new Powerbooks run on 10.2.7 and I'm assuming there's no 10.2.6-to-10.2.7 upgrade that comes with it, how would I go about "installing" my *old* hd into the new laptop and somehow get both 10.2.7 on it as well as all my current programs and settings in as few steps as possible?

Best regards,
Ed