[Ti] AirPort range on the new 15"?

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Mon Sep 22 05:02:30 PDT 2003

On 9/22/03 7:03 AM, "Tarik" <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:

>>> There are instructions on the web somewhere on how to add a small
>>> external antenna to a Base Station. It mostly involves drilling a
>>> hole in the case so you can get the wire through to the card inside
>>> and plug it in.
>>
>> They can be found within this page:
>> http://www.vonwentzel.net/ABS/
>>

> I have a question on these lines, couldn't see it linked on the page.
>
> I have one of the orignal Airport basestations which failed due to a
> capacitor Apple used inside (and no longer use) which has a very short
> lifespan and has failed. All I need to do is to replace that capacitor
> for a longer lifetime version.
>
> I have seen instructions on how to do this on a webpage but have lost
> them. Any ideas?
>
> --
> Tarik

http://www.vonwentzel.net/ABS/Repair/

The website also lists the serial number range of base stations that Apple
officially listed as having the 'defective'. However, I have returned two
that were not in that range and Apple repaired them out of warranty.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com