How do I eject a CD from my PB G4 12"?

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:29:22 PDT 2003

Well, I have a DVD stuck in my G4 12". Old PBs used to have a little hole
that I used to insert a paper clip into to eject the CD. I've tried pressing
the eject key on the keyboard. The DVD will disappear from the desktop only
to hear the DVD drive start whirring and the DVD shows up which lauunches
DVD Player again.

I've tried resetting the PRAM, restarting, and then ejecting. No go.

Wasn't there some kind of open firmware command for ejecting a CD? I can't
remember where I read about it? Otherwise, I'll have to send it in to my
service center just to take out a simple DVD.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET