[Ti] TechTool Pro 4: eDrive. Won't install!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 14:48:40 PST 2004

Terence Cozad typed this message on 4/1/04 1:04 PM:

> John;
> Keep in mind that this will put back any system corruption you might have. I
> would do a clean install of the OS and only copy back your data files. That
> way you will have eliminated any possible source of corruption. It is
> entirely possible the operating system or preferece files became corrupted.
> Tech Tool does not test for these problems, nor does Apple's Disk Utility.
> Good luck. Let us know.

The only problem I have with what you say is that I have just done a Carbon
Copy clone to a backup drive. I then did an eDrive installation on this
drive and everything went just fine. So my conclusion has to be that there
is some crazy thing that has happened in the hardware or firmware of my
internal drive that causes this error to occur. I can create the eDrive one
way (internal to external) but not the other way (external to internal) even
though both drives have identical files.

Augh! This is driving me crazy!

jg