OSX 3 Desktop Icons

F. Hill fhill at gci.net
Sat Apr 3 11:01:57 PST 2004

The OSX 10.3 desktop icons acquire a square halo when highlighted.  I
feel like it distracts from the elegant appearance of OSX.  Is there
anyway to turn off these unsightly  halos, or is this a permanent
change, does anyone know?  OSX 10.2 did not do this.

For Titanium PBs, does OSX 10.3 affect the fan usage.  I am currently
using 10.2.8 and the fan on my 15" PB runs constantly, even just while
reading emails offline or doing simple word processing.