[Ti] [Ti]Journaling, was --> Journeling.

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 9 17:53:10 PDT 2004

Actually, most drives write faster than they read; I'm not sure exactly
why this is the case, but here are several "drive comparison" pages
from barefeats.com that can back me up; the only tests that aren't
totally behind my position here are the 15,000 RPM Ultra320 SCSI
drives, but they're really all over the map; some support you, some
support me.  The other two pages (serial ATA and notebook drives) show
that writing is generally faster than reading.  I do, however,
completely agree with your random versus sequential analysis; it takes
the drive a little bit of time to jump around and find the right
cylinder to read from.
http://www.barefeats.com/hard27.html
http://www.barefeats.com/hard31.html
http://www.barefeats.com/hard28b.html