[Ti] Design and/or heat dissipation issues?

Adam Boettiger adam.boettiger at pobox.com
Wed Dec 1 14:17:14 PST 2004

I have a TiBook G4, 1GHz, 512MB RAM

I recall a year or so ago reading about some heat dissipation issues. Mine's
running hot with the fan on all the time, regardless of whether it is
plugged in or running on battery power.

Is this a known issue that they have a fix for that would be covered under
Applecare?

I also have a couple of other issues - one being that the drive is making
sporadic low to high to low pitched sounds occasionally, and I have what
appears to be a stress fracture in the plastic that surrounds the metal on
the front left top surface next to the screen bumper.

Curious as to whether the stress fracture and heat issues are known issues
that I can send the unit in for and if others have had similar experiences.
--
Adam Boettiger
boettiger at pobox.com
(206) 888-6824 voicemail/fax