[Ti] Hitachi 60GB 7200RPM or 80GB 5400RPM?

Bill Planey mac.info at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 17 12:08:49 PST 2004

I will chime in here, as I have a 7200 RPM 60g Toshiba Travelstar, upgraded
from a 10 gig 4200 RPM IBM Travelstar.  I cannot say how the 5400 RPM drive
would have been, but I cannot fathom having had a slower drive than the 7200
RPM for some of the highly scratch-disk intensive tasks I've completed
recently.  After looking at the barefeats benchmarks, I would say that if
you need to do anything with large graphics files and their scratch-disk-ing
applications, go for the faster drive.

Bill Planey