[Ti] wireless routers/hubs?

Lee Wilmeth lw at wilmeth.net
Mon Feb 9 14:59:07 PST 2004

I just installed a linksys WRT54G and like the way it's working so far.
I've use SMC, D-Link, Airport Base Station, and Airlink. All seem to
work fine. All but the ABS use a web interface to configure. All can
use WEP, most can now use WPA, and all that I have used can do MAC
address limitations. Which is the method I use for authentication. As a
plus, the Linksys has a number of folks working on upgrading the
Firmware. http://www.sveasoft.com has a much expanded Firmware for the
WRT54G that even includes bandwidth limits. Nice if you want to share
your access point, but don't want to give up all your speed.