[Ti] Is 12 inch Powerbook disk user upgradeable?

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Feb 22 17:56:55 PST 2004

> Tools you'll need; a Torx-6 screwdriver, probably a Torx-8 for the
> drive mounting screws, and a small phillips (Size 0, maybe 00, both
> might be better).

I don't know if they have these anymore, but here in the USA, Home
Depot had these really cool miniature screwdrivers (philips and flat
head) that were basically a handle, plus 4 double-headed hex inserts.

Essentially I got:

a 1, 0, 00, 000 Philips
a 1/8, 3/32, 5/64, 1/6 Slotted

Pretty cool. They were sold by Husky, but from the looks, they appeared
to be those "cheap" brandable tools you can buy pretty much anywhere.

For anyone who is going to do a HD swap, I strongly recommend you buy
the right tools! The torx you pretty much have to, but with Philips
heads, well, you can get larger sizes to work, but it ends up making
these jobs take longer. And, Philips heads are very prone to stripping.
These types of screwdrivers are