Titanium PB Trade-In Question

F. Hill fhill at gci.net
Sun Jan 18 18:35:36 PST 2004

I have an original Titanium PB, 500 MHz 15", and I am starting to think
about taking advantage of Apple's offer to trade it in for a $700
discount on one of the newer PowerBook 15" or 17".   I am not convinced
it is a good offer, but I want a faster PB and a SuperDrive.   500 MHZ
seems a bit slow now.  I also cannot decide between a PB 15" or a PB
17".  Either way, this will not be a traveling laptop; it stays at home
on a work desk.

Has anyone taken advantage of the trade-in offer with a success story to
tell?   Does anything seem to be wrong with the Powerbooks available
except that Apple want to get rid of surplus stock before introducing
new models?   Does anyone who owns a 17" Powerbook have any negative
feedback or postive feedback?

F. Hill