[Ti] battery chargers

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 07:03:46 PST 2004

--On Wednesday, January 21, 2004 06:40 PM -0500 gwallace <gwallace at gwi.net>
wrote:

> I'm curious about which battery chargers/power adapters are
> interchangeable.

An AppleCare fellow said that I should not use my 45 watt TiBook charger on
my Aluminum PowerBook (which requires a 65 watt charger) or vice versa except
for brief "emergency" use. The concern was more for damage to the charger
rather than the Powerbook, but even that was vague. I've read elsewhere that
it isn't a problem; it's just that the 45 watt charger will take longer to
charge up the more power-hungry AlBook.

I've been using the 45 watt charger on the Albook for quite a while (months)
and it doesn't seem to overheat or have any other problems. The most
important parameter to note is the voltage. If all the chargers output the
same DC voltage and the plugs all fit without forcing, you should be OK in my
opinion, but someone more expert on this may have better information.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com