[Ti] Can è t type apostrophes

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 08:54:56 PST 2004

shaun hayes-holgate typed this message on 1/26/04 2:53 AM:

> Sorry for such a lame question but I canèt type apostrophes
> or question marks.I have Canadian and U.S. languages checked
> in system preferences but maybe I missed something.Question
> marks come out as:  É
> This happened to me before but I canèt find the old email.

What you have selected is "Canadian CSA." Don't ask me what it is, I have no
idea, but I would guess that it is related to French Canadian.

But what I do know is that some characters in Canadian CSA are very
different. The Question Mark becoming É is just one example.

Regular English Canadian is exactly the same as USA anyway. If you don't
want the American flag to show, just make USA the only entry to be selected
and no icons will appear in the International Menu Bar Icon spot. You can
also select the Character Palette and Keyboard Viewer which do no affect the
Menu Bar Icon status.

jg