[Ti] Anybody ever used Tech Tools Pro 4?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 14:02:16 PST 2004

Robert Nicholson typed this message on 1/26/04 2:03 PM:

> In the interests of setting the record straight on this one the I
> decided to give the drive another go and sure enough the thing mounts
> now. The machine would have nothing of it before but now it seems to be
> working again.
>
> Go figure. So for now TT4 is in the clear but I won't be running it
> against this drive unless
> it's absolutely necessary.

>From what I read in Macintouch, Micromat is aware of some glitches that
renders directories damaged - some beyond repair. They suggest using the
most simple options when doing a directory repair. Some folks who had all
options checked when they did a repair have reported serious problems.

For me, TTP4 will sit on the shelf until the next update. DiskWarrior 3 is
my weapon of choice for now. It is unbelievably fast and simple. I have only
read of one or two problems from people who use it regularly.

So, between running fsck and DW3 and occasionally the Apple Hardware
checking CD, the bases are pretty well covered.

jg